There are few industries require so much specialized knowledge as the healthcare industry require. RCI-CONSULTING experienced in rendering of services for large hospitals and medical institutions. We understand customer needs and have all necessary knowledge and resources to provide healthcare world-class solutions.
Close consultations with customers and their representatives are a key element of our relations with the client. We aspire to provide cost-effective and innovative engineering projects, which eventually make it possible to streamline medical institution, enhance its security and ensure proper comfort of staff and of course patients
RCI-Consulting offers services of designing, construction and support systems of a telemedicine constructed on the equipment from Orics, Tandberg and Polycom companies.
Tasks solving by telemedicine system:
- Assisting of doctors who work in remote fixed or temporarily deployed health centers in of patients’ diagnosis and treatment;
- Facilitation of management and guidance documents in regional health services;
- Knowledge and experience of leading medical and educational centers experts transfer to practitioners, carrying out a remote promotion examinations and certifications;
Telemedicine system integrates all types of healthcare institutions: central and regional governments, central, regional and district clinics and hospitals, medical academies and institutes, archives and libraries, and other treatment-and-prophylactic centers.
Telemedicine system designed for diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation, as well as the dissemination of knowledge and experience among the medical staff at various levels.
Solution based on videoconference “Orics” devices allows to organize direct connection to any surgical room at the same time the surgeon or medical staff are able to manage and control the broadcasting both audio and video communications. The camera is built right above the surgical table into illuminating lamp. System allows representing interactive tutorial lecture by providing the tools of drawing directly on live video image. The doctor (lecturer) can control the camera remotely (rotate, use zoom, transmission stop/start, etc.).
Solution based on mobile video conferencing Tandberg device allows the direct connection to any location of medical center. Compactness, convenience and ease of device using allow quick deploying of video conference system. The latest conferencing technology from Tandberg provides transmission of video images in HD quality.
Universal communication system for medical facilities VISOCALL-IP
Constantly growing requirements of customers as well as the break-neck speed development of the market require a unique type of system development.
Schrack Seconet AG has succeeded to build an IP platform with an integrated nurse call system as well as many other useful and extra functions.
Universal open VISOCALL-IP platform is combine the security, services and comprehensive degree of know how. Many different types of protocol and a vast range of connections to other systems as well as services such as telephone, TV and Internet access billing have been integrated in VISOCALL-IP.
Assignment and basic functions
VISOCALL-IP allows the realization of every practically occurring system configuration. Indication signals and indications on displays showing plain text on all communication terminals and ward terminals optimize the operating process just as automatic safety features do in critical cases. It unites several traditional systems in a single system and for future-looking reasons, as the name suggests, uses IP technology, and fully integrates TCP/IP, UDP and FTP protocols in their entirety.
VISOCALL-IP system in basic structure contains the following functions:
- Nurse-call communications system with comprehensive signaling and speech connections between patients and nursing staff, as well as between fellow nursing staff members.
- Nurse calls system with comprehensive signaling connections between patients and nursing staff, as well as between fellow nursing staff members.
- IP telephony handsets conforming to standards H.323 and SIP built into the patient handsets.
- Smartcard system for processing and billing telephone, television and internet access charges in accordance with different charging models.
- Integrated electro acoustic functions, such as the digitalization and distribution of up to 32 radio programs and playing in of additional external LF signals.
- Intranet and Internet access for patients.
Additionally there are further measures in place to permit video streaming.
Call types and priorities
All types of calls listed further below are ranked according to priority within the entire system. If different calls are triggered at the same time, then all system devices will automatically display the highest ranking call in first place.
Only once this call has been dealt with, will the next call within the priority list be treated. If two calls with equal priority are triggered, then the system works in strict chronological order, with the first of the calls of equal priority being treated first.
The following call types, corresponding to the basic priorities mentioned are available:
- Fire alarm
- Heart alarm
- Doctor call
- Diagnostic call
- Disorientation call
- Bathroom or WC emergency call
- Room emergency call
- Bed emergency call
- Bathroom or WC call
- Room call
- Enhanced patient call from his bed or associated disconnection call
- Patient call from his bed or associated disconnection call
- Disconnection call
- Message from a foreign system
- Service call
- Telephone call
Telecommunication services for patients
Within nurses call system provided to give patients the following services:
- IP telephony;
- Radio listening;
- digital television;
- video on demand;
- computer games;
- the management of motorized beds, curtains, lighting and climate in wards;
- Internet access;
- obtaining service information on health facility;
- ordering meals in the dining room, etc;
- to obtain information from the attending physician to prepare for surgery, review the results of studies, consultation with physician;
- Patient account management, access to the billing system
Telecommunications services provided to patients through universal ringer remotes PBG MMT and interactive terminals. At the request of health facilities, telecommunication services can be provided to patients on a fee basis. For this, patient is using a smart card installed in remote PAT.
Telecommunication services for medical staff
Within Nurse-call communications system to medical staff of following services is provided:
- Mobile visits – access to the case record, results of inspection, x-ray pictures it is, etc. direct from wards during visit to patient;
- Demonstration to patients and their relatives multimedia information with the explanatory purposes, for example, before carrying out an operation;
- Telemedicine – a direct transmission during operations, on-line discussion of a course of operation, carrying out of consultations and consultations;
- Instant reception of results of inspection of the patient directly on a workplace of the attending physician, sending of the necessary information to doctors-experts for carrying out of consultations;
- Monitoring of a condition of the patient from any point in medical institution;
- Video observation in emergency rooms, rooms for newborns.
Telecommunication services are given to medical staff by means of interactive MMT-TERMINALS, standard personal computers and a handheld computer (at the organization in network medical institution Wi-Fi).
Telecommunication services for administration
- Organization of TV-programs packages for each patient;
- Forming of information packages for each patient;
Billing system for providing patients paid services:
- phone tariff plans for each patient;
- television tariff plans for each patient;
- Internet tariff plans for each patient;
- Payment for services with plastic cards;
- Refill patients using cash registers.
Billing system for employees:
- The account of private telephone negotiations;
- Payment for using of a dining room, a parking, other services;
- Fee is made with smart cards by means of adjusted tariff plans with advance payment.
Patient terminal as a handheld unit
Moveable and easy to maneuver like a telephone receiver, it is the ideal communications device for the hospital bed. The follow functions are available as standard:
- call nursing staff,
- voice connection with staff members,
- operate reading light and room lighting,
- Listen to the radio.
The following options are possible:
- Making telephone calls;
- Controlling the room’s television and receiving TV sound;
- Operating the patient’s television and receiving TV sound;
- Pre- and post-paid outgoing telephone calls;
- Staff use the same device if they require assistance.
Every device contains a single chip processor with its own software for bed-autarchic intelligence.
The room autarchic communications centre for every important room.
From here nursing staﬀ members and doctors can:
- Indicate their presence;
- Clear calls;
- Acknowledge and query calls;
- Set reminders;
- Call for assistance and even;
- Make ward announcements.
Each communications terminal contains its own computer system with multifunctional software and many new advantages, e.g.:
- Centralized ﬁrmware upload;
- Multiple line full graphic display with scroll function;
- Radio reception via streams;
- Membrane keys, wear-free LEDs etc.
Communication and security in the ward’s nurses room Ward Terminal
The ward terminal is mainly used in the event of a decentralized system being in effect.
Its large color screen display and the surrounding functions keys arranged around it clearly display information for the user, such as:
- Presence lists arranged by room;
- Signalling and querying of calls, both chronologically and selectably setting of reminders, bed, room and group announcements etc.;
- Ward interconnections;
- Enforcement of centralization of areas;
- Upgrading of patient calls;
- Activation of group care;
- Recognition of faults and failures.
Password-protected programmer level and selection by room of group care and selection by bed of enhanced bed calls. R2T is an IP-enabled device and is connected to a switch SWI9.
TV Terminal for watching television and listening to the radio for each bed. The unit is mounted on a wall-mounted arm or an arm attached to the bedside cabinet and can easily and comfortably be moved into any desired position by using the hand grip; the screen can either be delivered in a 10” or a 12” screen size, with the plastic case being the same size for both versions. Games console / DVD: Y/C and CVBS inputs can be found on the underside of the unit for connecting a games console or a DVD player respectively.
Reading light: LEDs on the underside of the unit provide adequate light. The neighboring patient will not be disturbed by this lighting source.
Services for the patient:
- Listening of broadcasts;
- Digital television;
- Video on demand;
- Computer games;
- Management of the motorized cots, curtains, illumination and climate in rooms;
- Access to the Internet;
- Reception of the service information on medical institution, the order of dishes in a dining room, etc.;
- Reception of the information from treating the doctor on preparation for operation, viewing of researches results, on-line doctor consultation;
- Management of the account of the patient, access to billing system.
Services for medical staff:
- Mobile visits – access to the case record, results of inspection, x-ray pictures and it is etc. direct from chamber during visit to the patient;
- Demonstration multimedia information with the explanatory purposes to patients and their relatives, for example, before operation carrying out;
- Instant reception of inspection results of the patient directly on a workplace, sending necessary information to doctors-experts for consultations carrying out.
No two projects are ever the same, yet they all have the same platform in which functions and ease of use are successfully combined.
VISOCALL-IP offers optimal solutions:
- “Standard Installation” for all established forms of patient care;
- All IP devices are independent devices within the structured cabling system;
- System switches are used to ensure the optimal distribution of all protocols in the system;
- Radio streaming wherever it is required;
- Ready for video streaming;
- Simple to use devices for simple functions;
- System Description;
- Characteristic System Properties.
- VISOCALL-IP Completely corresponds to requirements VDE0834;
- Absence of the centralized management: full failure is impossible;
- Each interface has a galvanic outcome on DIN EN60950 or VDE0834;
- IP-packages with the highest a transfer priority on a network;
- Self-diagnostics of all devices of system.
Convenience of operation and maintenance service
Use of IP-technology and application of standard elements considerably reduce amount of works on installation and maintenance service. For maintenance of system work the minimum number of experts is required. Service expenses are reduced to a minimum; the tariffing system of services allows automatically reception of payments without personnel participation.
The remote access reducing cost of service works
The effective system of localization of hindrances and flexible system of remote access in a mode of real time provide timely elimination of malfunctions. The centralized micro program loading maintenance and configuration adjustment, and also remote diagnostics and maintenance service considerably reduce time and expenses for adjustment and system service.
Communication system nurse – patient MediCall from ZPT
Nurse call system MDC V03 IP is a piece of equipment which not only provides the user with the top level communication system for medical facilities and those of social care but which provides also something more. Its installation and maintenance is a simple task and the costs of maintenance are unusually low. Due to the latest manufacturing technology used its operation is very reliable. The very same technology ensures the system core to be unlimitedly universal, which means the system can be easily adjusted to fit various needs and customer-specific demands.
Even if essential modifications requiring reconstruction of the operation where the system is installed need to be carried out (which means the system is going to be used in another way), it can be reprogrammed and rebuilt by simply replacing the terminal units and elements – the system is built as a construction kit. It comes with a wide selection of elements that, if broken, can be immediately substituted with new ones.Such a replacement takes place by removing the particular element from its installation frame and subsequently disconnecting the connector and can be carried out even by a non-qualified instructed person. During its operation MDC V03 IP periodically runs autodiagnoses. It can evaluate many defects and indicate the faulty part by itself. System installation is undemanding. Any terminal element can be connected to the connecting points. Individual elements of the system are connected through structured cablin.
The system MDC V03 IP is formed by a set of independent functional units and elements. Control of the system is ensured by the systém server which is placed in rack.
All products of MediCall programme are focused on high demands of existing modern operations with emphasis on comfortable and simple operation.
MDC V03 IP • communication system nurse – patient
- 12‘‘ colour graphic display unit with a touch screen
- VoIP communication
- connection to LAN
- remote administration via internet
- system diagnostics via Internet
- operating system Linux
- USB interface enabling, apart from other things:
- data transfer
- playback of MP3 music files
- option of automatic transmission of loud reports as per the determined schedule of messages
- printer connection
- interconnection to individual systems via a computer network
- simple and intuitive operation
- option to use wireless elements of staff and clients (patients)
- connection of more systems in a combined operation
- loud and discrete talking connection of medical staff with clients
- discrete talking connection of clients by means of LJ or staff terminal with an arbitrary communication element of staff
- service talking connection among arbitrary rooms
- interception of messages from the staff terminal in a selected rooms or in all rooms (central message)
- indication of calling signals by acoustic signal in places where staff is present
- indication of calling signals and presence of staff by led panels at relevant rooms
- display of data on clients and staff movement on a display unit of the staff terminal
- listening to two entertainment programmes by clients from internal and external source
- transfer of instructions and information to clients from records saved in the staff terminal’s memory
- use of push-buttons and pull cords of emergency call and call cords with a push-button
- cancellation of emergency call only in its place
- storage of all calls with the option to view on the display unit of the staff terminal and an option to transfer onto a USB disc for processing on PC
- night operation
- recording names of participants for clear identification of calling places
- connection of a telephone call from the ATE to the client’s bed
- system configuration via the staff terminal
- back-up of data and their protection in case of network failure
- display of data on calling clients on peripheral elements – SJD IP, KJD IP and SIJD IP
- option to connect analogue lines and VoIP lines
- option to interconnect more systems in the combined operation with all functions of individual system elements preserved
- option of directed call to any element of the combined systems within the combined operation, including mutual communication from the staff terminal and from elements with numeric keypad
- control of the entrance door’s electric lock from the staff terminal, KJ IP, KJD IP, and SJ IP
- simple replacement of all elements by trained-in staff even without professional competence, professional technical support in case of system interventions – substantial reduction of operating costs
- modern technology
- variable modular system
- easy installation and maintenance
- comfortable for users
Structured cabling system (SCS)
Construction of a typical commercial data network is not sufficient in healthcare. There are strict requirements on the cable infrastructure in modern hospitals, medical centers, rehabilitation facilities etc. Today, the quality and reliability of communication networks may be as important as the skills of talented surgeons.
Medical images, high-definition video (video monitoring and recording operations), video conferencing, computer and magnetic resonance imaging require high-capacity structured cabling systems (SCS).
These systems are the foundation for building information network infrastructure. They should provide quick access to current information (which includes all data about the patient, his hospital records, the timely receipt of test results, X-ray views, etc). This images, video, data and signals should be delivered safely and securely to the point in time under any circumstances. Patients’ health, and sometimes lives depend on it. Today, hospitals use sophisticated technology, and sensitive diagnostic equipment. This equipment can be quite costly and also need protection. Effects of electromagnetic fields and surge may have dire consequences for patients and for medical equipment. In medical area network insulators serve for patients’ protection against leak currents. Thus network connection between the active medical device and Ethernet – a network or with not medical device, for example, office personal computer or the laptop, classified under standard IEC 60601-1 (3 edition) for medical electric devices and systems as a potential source of danger which can cause a current leak dangerous to patients owing to a difference of pressure between potentials “earth” and connected network subscribers. However, such differences of pressure can be caused and an incorrect lining, for example, at incorrect connection or at contact between the screen and a line of the data in damaged cable and current carrying details inside raceway.
Protective network insulators are in group of products SCS R&M SafeLine which meet the requirements of operating standards. Using in installations cabling system ruler SafeLine it is possible to be assured that each device will correspond to high level of safety which demands the international standard IEC 60601-1-1.
Summarizing the aforesaid at designing and construction of SCS for medical institution it is necessary to provide:
- Reliability, non-failure operation of work;
- High throughput of a network;
- Noise stability;
- Safety of patients and the equipment;
- Convenience in the subsequent service and operation.
Exact time systems
Knowledge of exact time is really great importance in hospitals, clinics and other medical institutions. All reports and records of procedures require a consecutive designation of time. Drug intake, reception of laboratory researches’ results, and control over surgical procedures all of these can have serious legal consequences if medical actions were carried out in not exact time.
Medical institutions staff relies on exact time at procedures appointment, doctor’s receptions, patient’s visiting, etc.
Imagine if in hospital some clocks show considerably different time.
Whether it is the visitor, the patient, the nurse or the doctor, responsible for medical center management – what hours they have to trust?
With exact time systems in medical facilities following tasks are determined:
- Exact time provision for medical staff in order to do urgent and routine tasks;
- Medical equipment clocks synchronization;
- Time management for various scheduled activities;
- Ensure accuracy of medical records and reporting;
- Insurance disputes decrease and legal risks reducing;
- Reduction of the general issues of liability savings, staff time and cost of maintenance (correction of clock time, the translation from summer to winter time, etc.).
Reduction of general liability issues.
Savings of time, maintenance cost reducing (clock time corrections, summer/ winter time changing, etc.)
Medical bedside panel
“Thorsman” Company (Sweden) is one of leading European manufacturers of cable boxes, has developed the specialized bedside medical panel providing high level comfort to the patients, and also, convenient for the medical staff to care of the patient. The medical panel is delivered complete with the necessary components that allow carrying out its fast installation and connection.
The main functionality provided by a bedside panel:
- Ensuring the required number of power outlets;
- Provision of outlets that allow to connect to information services (computer telephony);
- Lighting Control;
- Call medical staff buttons;
- Valves for the supply of medical gases.
Power and low voltage services
The basis of the bedside medical panel is the aluminum INKA cable channel. Cable box is used to supply cable to the users’ sockets (power supplies, a telephony, the data, etc. services), installed on the bedside panel.
The size of the box can be changed according to requirements of the necessary cable capacity.
Light for reading and general lighting
The complete set of the bedside panel includes switches for individual reading and the general illumination. The illumination block is designed according to German requirements DIN (German institute on standardization) to illumination in places of patients care. The illumination lamp can be integrated with INKA cable channel or separately settle down.
Its size can vary if necessary.
Medical gases supply
The system of medical gases supply can be delivered with gas modules of following standards: Scandinavian, German and English for air, oxygen, nitrogen oxide, etc.
When you select a configuration system the coordination is required:
- with the supplier of medical equipment;
- with the contractor that provides installation and connection of pipelines.
Queue’s Management System
Every visitor registers by means of the terminal and receives the coupon with his number in queue. Then he is watching the queue passing process. When next visitor is invited the display shows his number and makes a beep or voice alert.
What is the main point of electronic queue and how quickly we can book an appointment with a doctor?
The system is suitable for persons whose visit to doctor is not urgent. System helps customer to reserve a convenient time for doctor visit in compliance with client’s personal schedule. Any user can make an appointment through Internet site.
Queue Management System will be useful as for visitors as for doctors. It will help medical staff to reduce the large amount of paperwork, concentrate on each visitor. The Manager can monitor the facility in real time. Manager can influence to current situation, check statistical data, and take decisions based on real data. It would be a good tool for calculating the bonus for staff based on for instance on number of customers served by each employee or separate department.
The application of electronic queue system in medical institution consequences is customer care improvement, medical staff work optimization and enhancement.
Radio Frequency Identification (RFID)
Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) is increasingly used in healthcare. Application of RFID tags to monitor the location of people or objects and provides additional security. This technology provides many new features and conveniences for health care organizations and helps to reduce operational and maintenance costs.
The typical problems that can be solved by using of the RFID technology are described below. The technology will be useful for employees within the various units of medical institutions such as warehouse workers, laboratory technicians, employees of IT services and many others.
Despite of the fact that the main purpose of any healthcare organization is providing quality care for patients, they like many other organizations forced to look for ways to reduce their operation expenses. One of the problems requiring optimization is the management of medical assets, which are used repeatedly.
Hospitals are used hundreds of different specialized medical tools or things that are used for daily patient care. Does not surprise that some of them often are just disappearing…. A typical hospital is a several floors building with many rooms and cabinets that complicate the search of the equipment.
Personnel waste time on searching for the equipment. Affordable and accessible technologies for management of reusable medical assets did not exist in the market until recently. It was the reason of ineffective using the materials and human resources.
The main disadvantages are:
- Medical staff spends 10-20% of their time to search the equipment;
- Effectiveness of using the equipment is reduced;
- Equipment may not be available in some critical situations;
- There is a chance that the equipment can be lost or stolen.
With the help of technical solutions based on the RFID-tags medical control of reusable assets can be automated and monitored their location in real time. You can receive automatic notification in cases of insufficient location of any assets / objects. You have possibility to see and analyze the specific materials using.
Taking into account the cost the equipment, medical personnel salaries it becomes obvious that the ability to find quickly the necessary equipment will have a positive economic effect. Engineers carrying out the maintenance of medical equipment in hospitals are responsible for maintaining the performance thousands of different devices. Often a large percentage of the equipment does not receive timely maintenance, because of the reason that the location of an instrument at a particular time is difficult to track. If you are using RFID technology, any location of equipment with RFID – tags will be quickly identified in the territory. You can activate automatic reminders, containing information about the location and condition of the observed objects. This solution can be integrated with existing information system of the medical facility.
The RFID-solution application for medical reusable assets control provides following benefits:
- Improving of the personnel management efficiency;
- Reducing the costs relating to the medical equipment purchasing or leasing;
- Medical staff will be able to pay more attention to their patients because of time saving for equipment searching.
Assets / materials real time (RTLS) detection system based on RFID-technology and Wi-Fi standard network and do not require a special infrastructure creating. A software application provides the detection of the real location of the controlled objects with their position displaying on the scheme of the medical building. This is facilitates the searching process greatly. One of the most convenient features is the ability to receive notifications about object location programmed by the user. Furthermore, this application provides recording and storage of events in chronological order (log) and allows users to access this data through a powerful system of reporting and analysis.
RTLS and RFID technologies will help to improve patient care process and reduce operation costs.
Solutions for patient care
Radio-frequency ID (RFID) attached to the patient in order to be able to track his location if necessary.
Ability to monitor the location and identification of patients in real time provides the following benefits:
- Ability to receive alarm signals in case the patient appeared in premises intended for the staff only or in potentially dangerous areas;
- Ability to alert the medical staff if a patient belongs to the “risk group ” (the elderly, debilitated after surgery, mental disorders, Alzheimer’s, etc.) left his ward or a building;
- Ability to provide surveillance in hospitals round the clock: the cases of unauthorized offsets babies from the territory of the maternity ward medical staff will receive the information instantly;
- The system provides an accurate identification of newborns;
- Ability to determine the location of the patients;
- Reduction of cases misidentification of patients decreases the number of medical errors.
Technical solution based on RFID-technology allows to monitor the entire territory of the hospital or other medical institution in real time. With this technology medical staff can timely receive a notification about the situations requiring of intervention.
System allows the tracking of both patients and staff and helps to reduce operating costs.
It is proved that the radio frequency identification (RFID) technology application in retail sector significantly reduces logistics costs. In the health sector RFID-technology can also provide a simple and cost effective solution that allows you to control the delivery and movement of medicines, valuable reagents, materials, etc.
With increasing of the efficiency of the tracking / processing supplies, incoming products accurate identification hospitals can achieve results similar to the results of the retail trade, such as to reduce the number of lost or stolen goods, to reduce the downtime associated to the search for inventory or goods, effectively manage hospital inventory.
RFID and the blood donation
Blood donation saves our lives. But unfortunately fails still may happen during the transportation of material from a donor to a patient. Donor material can be confused with the similar one or the properties of blood may be aggravated because of the necessary storage temperature violation, etc. As a rule the deterioration of the donated blood properties can not being detected until the actual blood transfusion occurs. There are few statistics on this issue, but most experts agree that employees of hospitals around the world continue to confuse the blood that would be entered to patients so it could lead to dire consequences. In most countries, to identify blood bags and the tracking information such as blood type or the name of the donor bar codes are used. With the introduction of RFID technologies, hospitals can track blood products more efficiently and the patients can feel safer now.
We represent a solution developed by Siemens, based on the use of RFID-tag with the temperature sensors. RFID-tags keep all data of blood and the monitor its temperature with a temperature sensor. The technology provides the necessary monitoring compliance the storage conditions of blood. RFID chip is securely attached to the container with the blood (does not come off even in the centrifuge), constantly providing the control of temperature parameters during transportation. The information about the donor, storage temperature of donor material are read from the RFID tags before the transfusion, giving accurate and the relevant information to the doctor. This system has the possibility of a simple documenting and significantly increases the safety of the transfusion procedure for patients.