Technical Audit of Telecommunication Networks
The main task of technical audit is an assessment of the organizational, technical and economic efficiency of the telecommunication network.
RCI Consulting is conducting a technical audit of the following telecommunication networks:
- Analog cable television
- digital terrestrial and satellite cable television
- Interactive TV (IPTV)
- Data transfer
Within the framework of the audit, various components of the telecommunication network are verified:
- communication channels;
- Active network equipment
- Network Software
- Antenna ports
- main television stations
- power supply systems
- lightning protection and grounding systems
- Air conditioning and ventilation systems
Technical audit allows you to make the right decision to purchase, use, upgrade and expand the telecommunication network, optimize operating costs, and also develop a new policy for technical development and re-equipment of the entire telecommunication network.
Technical Audit Tasks
Among the most common tasks that customers are facing is the definition and evaluation:
- I will also have an antenna port availability ratio
- I will also update the HeadEnd Station of Cable TV;
- productivity and serviceability of the backbone network and access network, line-cable installations;
- Power System Reliability
- air conditioning and grounding efficiency
- quality of the layout and its compliance with accepted standards;
- cable lining quality, etc.
Carrying out technical audit of telecommunication networks will reveal existing problems and receive qualified recommendations for their elimination, optimize and increase the efficiency of the work of all existing telecommunication resources.
A set of technical audit work is recommended in the following cases:
- Implementing resource-intensive applications that require distributed computing
- Development of new network services, such as VoIP, IPTV, Video on Demand, video conferencing
- Improving reliability, fault tolerance, and network security
- Moral aging of the network infrastructure, the transition to new technologies
- Mergers and acquisitions of cable operators
- The emergence of various application problems: unplanned increase in network maintenance costs, drop in the quality of services provided, etc.
The technical audit consists of three steps: preparation, audit, report with recommendations.
The audit preparation phase includes:
- Define the scope of the audit
- analysis of the current situation;
- View documentation
- specification of a customer’s task
- Preparing a future work program.
As part of the technical audit, the following works are carried out:
- Inspecting an Object to be Audited
- Listing hardware at the site
- audit of permits and technical documentation
(Licenses, certificates, permissions, commissioning acts, checking the availability and quality of the project documentation, compliance of the specification with the proposed design solution, flexibility and scalability of the proposed solutions, assessment of the conformity of the selected equipment)
The report includes:
- carrying out a complex of measurements, tests on an object, to determine the correspondence of the actual constructed object with the approved design decision and the quality of the work;
- Checking, updating and describing the network layout scheme.
- compiling an analytical report that includes a list of hardware, a description of the state of the hardware, a description of connection schemes, drawings, circuits, measurement protocols, workstation parameters, layout and switching network equipment circuits, topological network schema etc. </li >
- Evaluate development prospects, tips for upgrading your network.
Technical audit is a responsible and complex process that can only be successfully completed by professionals. Specialists of RCI Consulting have sufficient knowledge and experience to conduct high-quality technical audit of diverse telecommunication networks in Ukraine and the CIS.
Technical Due Diligence
Due Diligence term (from English “due diligence”) came into circulation due to the US Securities Act of 1933. Initially, it was used to confirm the authenticity of data published in proposals for capital investment.
At present, Due Diligence means the process of inspecting an investment object in order to form an objective view of it, which includes an assessment of investment risks and many other factors. Thus, Due Diligence is one of the effective instruments for reducing risks and protecting the interests of the parties in the course of large transactions.
The purpose of Technical Due Diligence is to assess the technical condition of the company (cable operator, telecommunications operator, Internet provider), its profile assets, which will provide objective and complete information to determine the potential risks and benefits of the future agreement.
Carrying out Technical Due Diligence is required at:
- outsourcing and signing cooperation agreements;
- Buying /Selling Company
- Merge companies
- engaging in collaborative activities that require the other party to create /enhance /maintain an IT infrastructure;
- financing telecommunication networks;
- For telecommunication insurance
During the Technical Due Diligence process:
- Topology and Telecommunication Network Architecture Analysis
- Normative technical examination of the design documentation
- Checking permission and technical documentation
- Evaluating the conformity and quality of construction and installation work with the design documentation
- Estimation of the technical state of the telecommunication network and assets associated with it
- Estimate the cost of troubleshooting network defects found.
- Appraisal of the technical capabilities of the telecommunication network
- Definition of Investment Risks
- Evaluating compliance with the business plan for modernizing /developing the network in the technical aspect of investors
- Evaluating the feasibility of implementing new services and technologies in an existing or planned network.
The process of conducting Technical Due Diligence by RCI-Consulting consists of the following steps:
Study of design and technical documentation in order to understand the required parameters for assessing and developing the conceptual model of the future survey.
Discussion with the client on the methods of conducting the survey, the form of submission of results and specifies the task.
A team of experts responsible for the survey is formed, the implementation of which should be carried out in strict accordance with the previously agreed customer requirements. The volume and list of works that are performed within the process are individually determined depending on the complexity of the project.
Carries out the survey in full and provides the client with a report on the results obtained, explaining in detail and reasonably to the client all technical nuances. A decision is made on the expediency of additional customer support, namely the expert RCI-Consulting, at the request of the client, accompanies him at meetings, negotiations, consultations and answer questions about the technical conclusions of the report.
RCI-Consulting has long-term successful experience in conducting Technical Due Diligence for companies in the territory of Ukraine and CIS countries (Russia, Georgia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, etc.), while working with clients on flexible pricing policies.