RCI-Consulting has the necessary competencies to complete a complete cycle of work from design to building server rooms and data centers, including the delivery and commissioning of hardware and software, servicing of server rooms and data centers.
Design and Build a Data Center
Data center (data center or data center) – a large-scale complex of software and hardware, equipped with engineering systems to ensure the fault-tolerant operation of IT infrastructure.
The main purpose of creating a data center is:
- physical location of IT equipment, including storage equipment, server equipment and active and passive equipment,
- Ensuring IT equipment in the event of a power failure from the main sources
- protecting information and protecting IT equipment from electromagnetic radiation and interference, and providing climatic conditions for equipment operation.
Properly designed data center infrastructure extension allows you to perform without interruption equipment, but this is necessary to ensure the stable operation of equipment at critical loads and provide sufficient otkazoustoychyvuyu functionality. The level of reliability of the data center must comply with the international standards TIA 942. The warranty period for all systems and subsystems of the data center should be at least 36 months.
One of the basic requirements for a data center – is the presence of two separate power systems, where each system has N + 1 redundancy and diesel generator set in case of emergencies on the city grid. As for power supply systems, the leading manufacturers are APC, Schneider Electric, Emerson, Legrand, Schroff, Rittal, and most reliable diesel generators with Cummins, FG Wilson, Caterpillar.
The general requirements for a data center are:
- the maximum allocated power supply limit of the object (not less than 300 kW),
- explosive mixtures on the site are absent, the category of explosion hazard according to NAPB B.07005-86 B,
- indoor temperature +18 C … +24 C,
- relative humidity at 24 ° C from 40 to 60%
Datacenter Engineering Infrastructure
The automatic gas fire extinguishing system of the Data Center is used to detect an early warning fire and to alert other duty personnel at home, in addition, an alarm signal is transmitted to the point of the centralized surveillance of the fire department. In addition, there is also a system of gas extinguishing.
The data center’s air conditioning system is most effective when constructing a cold-hot corridor with the ability to control via a remote display. This solution fully supports the necessary climatic conditions indoors. The world leader in the production of air conditioning equipment is Emerson.
The structured cabling system for data centers (SCS data centers) should be executed in accordance with international standards for office building cable telecommunications – ISO /EIA 11801 Ed.2000, TIA /EIA-568-B, ISO /IEC 18010, EIA /TIA-569 and provide level reservation 2N.
The SCS telecommunication ground system must also comply with the relevant international standards and requirements of active equipment suppliers, including Panduit, Watson Telecom.
The data center should also be equipped with a centralized system for monitoring the operation of the engineering infrastructure and controlling the environmental parameters in the data center rooms.
The data center’s engineering infrastructure should provide:
- Physical security of equipment and information
- 24-hour performance of the equipment,
- Perform maintenance work without interrupting the equipment,
- Climatic conditions
- Regulating access to equipment by staff
- Scalability when increasing the data center infrastructure.
In this case, the requirements for the data center rooms should be observed:
- The perimeter of the room should be the capital walls,
- The presence of spare (fire) inputs and outputs equipped with doors by the resistance class DZ-II according to DSTU 78.11.007-2002,
- Fire resistance of premises (up to 60 minutes),
- Centralized food systems (powerboards) and uninterrupted food should be located in separate rooms.
Today, no company can exist without a server room. The server room is a space in which the telecommunications mains is connected, and the telecommunication and server equipment (servers, company scale switches, disk arrays, automatic telephone exchanges, etc.) are located. To the organization of the server room a number of strict requirements to the area, height ceilings, temperature mode, humidity, etc., are introduced, Since it hosts a technique with increased requirements for operation and safety.